Verdicts & Awards
Recent Civil Jury Verdicts:
Toussaint v. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, et al., 2014 cv 2253
- In May 2018, Attorney MacLellan single-handedly tried and secured a groundbreaking verdict on behalf of her Haitian-American client in a retaliation case against Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
- After a two week trial, the jury awarded $28 million for lost wages, emotional distress and punitive damages.
Avila v. Levy Restaurants, 1384 cv 112
- In March 2016, Attorney MacLellan obtained a jury verdict for her client in a discrimination case, and the jury awarded damages for lost wages, emotional distress and punitive damages.
- 2018 Lawyer of the Year – In 2018, Attorney MacLellan was named as one of twelve Lawyers of the Year in Massachusetts by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
- Super Lawyer – Attorney MacLellan has been named a Super Lawyer every year from 2018 to present.
- 2021 Top Women in Law – Attorney MacLellan was named one of the Top Women in Law in Massachusetts in 2021.
- The Boston Globe | May 24, 2018
Jury awards black nurse $28 million in hospital retaliation suit
“A Haitian-American nurse who sued Brigham and Women’s Hospital for discrimination and retaliation was awarded more than $28 million by a jury Wednesday — an amount several attorneys said is the largest verdict of this type in Massachusetts.”
- Boston Magazine | 5/24/2018
Brigham and Women’s Hospital Found Guilty of Retaliating against Nurse
“This is a monumental verdict, and it really shows the jury was outraged at the treatment of this lifelong nurse,” Allison MacLellan, Toussaint’s lawyer, told the Globe. “[It’s] sending a message to the Brigham and other institutions that retaliating against someone for standing up for what’s right won’t be tolerated.”
Flexible, Contingency-Based Payments
Diligent, Committed Representation
Millions Recovered for Our Clients
Over 2 Decades of Legal Experience